Never make any decision in a hurry or under pressure, especially if you are going to tie the knot with the other person. Decisions made out of fear, pressure, and/or negligence can have negative consequences in future.
When you are trying to figure out who will be your life partner, who is the Mr. perfect or Miss perfect for you, there are some crucial things to consider. But before that ask yourself if you are really ready to get married because getting married without being ready is actually a blunder one can commit in his or her life. It will not only destroy your life but will also destroy the other person’s life with whom you are going to start a new bond. Angela Nelson has well defined her views on what things to consider before getting married in her article “A Letter To My Daughters: How To Choose a Life Partner.” Here are some things to consider:
- Family Values – A person who has no respect for their family members, how could they respect you? Here it is important to see how the person with whom you are going to start a new relation treats his/her family members. Do they really care for their family members? What are their ideas, their values, the way they handle family matters and problems? These questions can help the youth in making good and solidified choices while choosing a life partner. So, know it before it’s too late.
- Background – It is very important to know about the background of that person. Check their Facebook or Instagram, their friends list, the past relationships, the kind of person with whom they hang out, his/her major hookups, the pictures they upload, the narcotic history if he or she is a drug addict, and their friend circle. All these things will help you in making the most important decision of your life.
- Anger Factor – Anger management is very necessary for a relationship to work. If the individual has no control on his or her anger, then it may be possible that that person may harm you mentally and physically in future. In life, not every person gets what they want and if the person shows aggressiveness if things don’t go their way then it is apparent that that individual will definitely dominate you in the coming future, potentially physically and mentally. So, try to keep space from these kind of negative people around you.
- Generousness – This is the most essential trait one person should have. When the person is love-struck, they show their generosity and kindness to the person he or she loves. But it is very important to see if that person is generous and compassionate with the other people, too. Also, how he or she behaves when the potion of love wears off from their mind.
- Respect – Respect is the seed which gives birth to love. Respect is still important, even if the person is a stranger to you who is your mom and dad’s choice. You can check someone’s respectfulness through how they speak, how they behave, and how they treat others. Yes, it is not just checked and examined in just two or three days. Give some time to that person, check them out and in case you do not feel satisfied, say no to your parents simply. It is very difficult to spend a life with the person who disrespects you.
- Shared Decisions – See if the person with whom you are going to start a new bond talks to you about the future or not. That will help in revealing the truth if that person loves you or not. It is the little things in life that hold the most significant space in one’s life. Ask yourself if other person takes care of the little things or not. If you are sick, see if he/she is there for you or not to help you recover from your feeling ill.
- Choose a Person Who Allocates Time for You – A relationship is always a two way street. Just one person cannot build a relationship. The knot between two people is strengthened by the efforts from both the sides. Understand each other’s needs and see if that person takes out time for you or not from their busy schedules as it is said, “it’s a matter of priority, not the time”. If the person is lying to you or fooling you, then it is better to leave that person forever.
- Honesty and loyalty – If a relationship will be carried forward on lies and distrust, then there is no chance of that relationship working in the future. “Choosing a life partner who refrains things from you or do not indulge in a genuine communication with you is totally unacceptable,” suggested by a person of Assignment Help Melbourne.
- Forgiving and forgetting nature – A bond can only be made strong if the partners have tendency to forgive each other on tiny matters. However, it does not mean forgiving the partner if has betrayed you or made fool of you. It means that small arguments happen in all relationships and forgiving each other on such matters and understanding each other is the only key for long-lasting relationships.
- Their Perception on Marriage – Getting married to someone who doesn’t have any idea of the signifigant meaning of getting married is a blunder one can commit. The person may not be able to take your responsibility or may have no future marriage goals. Getting married is the big decision, so always ask the person about their views on getting married.
- Find the Person with Whom You Can Be Yourself Around – As Marilyn Monroe once said, “If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you do not deserve me at my best.” You may see that the person in your life with whom you feel free, with whom you love to talk to and connect with because that person does not judge you. Finding a partner with whom you feel 100% and feel liberated with will be the best thing that could ever happen to you in your life. That person will listen all your dramas and sorrows and still love to listen more. If someone finds that person in their life, that will be the perfect match for him or her.
- Social Circle – Social circle and friends say a lot about a person’s nature, attitude, priorities, habits, and mentality. It reflects the person’s exact image. Before choosing your ideal life partner, try to know about that person’s friends, what their habits are, if they are into drugs, etc. A person can be well identified by their social group.
- Financially Stable – A person who is not financially stable may not be the best person to get married to. Marriage is not a child’s play. The person with whom you are going to get married should be financially secure. Not only is an income important, but how they are earning their money is equally important.
Marriage is a union of two souls. It is a commitment from both sides. A healthy marriage needs more than one person to have a long-lasting relationship. As it is said, “Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it’s only paper. It takes love, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to last.
So, whom we marry is one of the important decisions in your life. It is the ground on which your happiness, growth, and success could be based on.
If you liked this article, be sure you read, “Dear Ex-Husband, With Love.”