I did post this tempting photo last week promising the recipe, so here it is. It’s amazing for kids to make as well, full of fantastic ingredients that will keep you energized and not spike your blood sugar levels.
Heat in most food destroys its natural enzymes and nutrients, which can be bad because enzymes help to fight against any illness / future illness. The benefits of eating plant-based raw are amazing as long as you have a good source of local organic produce. Your body will thank you from the inside and out!
Walnuts- Great for bone health, metabolism, omega 3- mood booster, Vitamin E- antioxidant, Melatonin-sleep, weight management.
Bananas- Soothes stomach, treats depression, aids asthma, helps with allergies, supports insomnia, high in several vitamins and nutrients. If you are concerned with your blood sugar, then eat them a little unripe and raw.
Coconut oil & Flour- Antifungal, antibacterial, supports metabolism, alkalizes body, best hydration, strengthens immune, diuretic, prevents disease and so much more!
Cacao- Lifts mood, reduces appetite, regulates blood sugar, nutritionally dense, top antioxidant, boosts circulation.
Dates- Stronger teeth, treats liver issues, GI/stomach soother. Rich source of nutrients for overall health and brain development.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Set Time: 30 mins
- Ripe bananas
- Crushed walnuts
- Soaked dates
- Coconut oil (optional)
- Coconut flour
- Cacao powder
- Raw chocolate chips (topping)
- As always, adjust the ingredients to the amount you are making. There are no strict measurements, so enjoy the process.
- Wash and soak your dates. Remove the stone and skin.
- Blend the dates and its water.
- Add all the ingredients (not the topping) into a mixing bowl and combine until sticky and thick.
- Line your mold with coconut oil/parchment paper and press down the mixture until flat, press in the chocolate chips and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before digging in.
- You can also top the brownies with hemp seeds, goji berries or coconut flakes.
Author Bio: Francesca is a British national, born and raised in Hong Kong. She has always had a fascination to learn about natural culture/food/beauty. After being diagnosed (many years ago) with various illnesses, she took it upon herself to become her own doctor to finally manage her conditions. She hopes that with her years of research, travel and study, she has now built up enough knowledge to help and inspire others using an all natural lifestyle.
Link to social media or website: https://coconutandwhat.com