Love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world but also the most exhausting one (if not taken proper care of). One of the hardest things in a relationship is when you have both decided to part ways and need to move forward with a failed relationship.
A failed relationship doesn’t end one’s life, but it can cause a tremendous amount of pain to deal with. Undoubtedly, the journey of emotional healing is going to be difficult. Still, the pain is necessary to move ahead in life and be in a better place.
Here’s a quick reminder that “Relationships are supposed to make you feel good. Relationships are not supposed to make you feel bad.” – Laura Bowers.
If a relationship or a person is unwilling to make you feel unconditionally loved, the right thing to do is end it.
What is a failed relationship?
Relationships can be soothing initially, but they may slowly turn toxic if you don’t practice healthy communication or fail to convey your needs and wants.
When there is an increase in arguments and a decrease in love, when there is a lack of trust, respect, and differences in priorities, and when partners are no longer willing to have clear communication with each other, that’s when the butterflies start to fade.
Relationships don’t fail when people start making mistakes with their imperfections. Instead, they fail when people stop forgiving each other and find it difficult to accept one’s indifferences.
Remember, nothing is going to be perfect in this world. Every relationship has its unique qualities and flaws, and the day people start accepting their partner the way they are, that’s when their relationship wins.
Failed relationship quotes
Are you looking for sad quotes that relate to your failed relationship? We have rounded up 150+ failed relationship quotes, captions, status messages, sayings, and texts that you might relate to if you are going through a failed relationship with your romantic partner!
- “Sometimes you don’t need to hear excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth.”
- “All failed relationships hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t appreciate, love, and respect you is actually a gain, not a loss. Know your worth!”
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself by putting it back together.”
- “The more chances you give someone, the less respect they’ll start to have for you. They’ll begin to ignore the standards that you’ve set because they’ll know another chance will be given. They’re not afraid to lose you because they know no matter what, you won’t walk away. They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable disrespecting you.”
- “If the relationship doesn’t make you a better person, you are with the wrong one.”
- “It’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.”
- “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.”
- “Lies do not end a relationship; usually, the truth does.”
- “Breakup may sound like a failure, but staying together, cursing the darkness of a damned relationship is even more crippling.”
- “The hardest part is waking up in the morning, remembering what you were trying to forget last night.”
- “I’d rather be happy and alone than with you and miserable.”
- “One of the sweetest and bravest things that you can say after a failed relationship is I TRIED and move on.”
- “Most relationships end because couples fight with pride more than they work with love.”
- “Relationships fail because of trust issues, commitment issues, and communication issues.”
- “Relationships can be easy with proper care and love; instead, people choose regular ego. ”
- “When disrespect and insecurities grow, relationships fail.”
- “It’s okay to get hurt once than let them hurt you continuously.”
- “Sometimes the best revenge is no revenge but to move on in your life and get to a better place.”
- “It’s okay to cry; take your time but know when it’s time to move on.”
- “It’s your time to turn the page and start a brand new chapter.”
- “Learn to accept the past and move on with your present.”
- “Changes don’t happen overnight; you have to get up and make one.”
- “Believe that everything happens for a reason.”
- “There’s bravery in ending a relationship where you don’t get the same love from the other person.”
- “It’s okay to lose people until you’re willing to lose yourself.”
Failing relationship quotes
There’s nothing sadder than a failing relationship, and it’s even worse when you can’t save it anymore. If you’re going through a relationship downfall, here are some failing relationship quotes you might relate to:
- “One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder!”
- “Sometimes you just have to be done. Not mad or upset, just done.”
- “The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.”
- “Today, I saw something that reminded me of you. But don’t worry, I flushed, and everything went back to normal.”
- “Just because the relationship ended doesn’t mean the feelings did.”
- “Time heals nothing unless you move along with it.”
- “Happily ever after” is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice. You have to put in the understanding, effort, and commitment if you want a relationship to last long!”
- Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the one person who you thought would never hurt you.”
- “I failed in relationships because I don’t know the ART OF LYING.”
- “Not every relationship will end in a blissful marriage. It’s better to have a failed and disappointing courtship than to have a failed and toxic marriage.”
- “Sometimes in a relationship, we fail to put two and two together because we want so much to keep one and one together.” — Robert Brault
- “Everybody is cheating, but nobody wants to be cheated on.” – Rod Wave.
- “It’s okay to let go of things and know your worth.”
- “Many relationships fail because people don’t know how to fix them exactly.”
- “Remember, if you truly loved each other, breaking up is not the answer.”
- “Life goes on; if one door closes, another one opens.”
- “Every relationship has its own purpose.”
- “It’s okay if a relationship fails; don’t let your self-respect fail, ever.”
- “Cry. forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” — Steve Maraboli.
- “Girls, you’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” — Tori Amos.
- “We teach people how to treat us.” — Dr. Phil.
- “Sooner or later, we’ve all got to let go of our past.” — Dan Brown.
- “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” — Mandy Hale.
- “Every person that finally figured out their worth has picked up their suitcase of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” — Shannon L. Alder.
- “Even seasonal situations can bring with them lessons that last a lifetime. If the love doesn’t last, it prepares you for the one that will.” — Mandy Hale.
Relationship Fail Quotes
Relationship fail quotes give you a sense of closure within yourself when your partner has failed to do so. If you have recently ended a relationship, these relationships fail quotes may provide you with some relief:
- “Most relationships fail not because of the absence of love. Love is always present. It’s just that one loves too much, and the other loves too little.”
- “I can’t believe the person who made me laugh so much is the same person who is making me cry so much.”
- “People always think the most painful thing is to lose the one you love. But the most painful thing is to lose yourself and not even realize it until it’s too late.”
- “Relationships fail because people take their own insecurities and twist them into their partner’s flaws.” — Baylor Barbee.
- “Sometimes we put up walls, not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to knock them down.”
- “Forgetting you, I tried, but I failed. Somehow, your scent and face are forever engraved in my heart.”
- “I tried—the sweetest thing you could ever say for a failed relationship.”
- “Sometimes I think that after so many failed relationships, I’ve turned stone cold and just can’t trust again.”
- “When growing apart becomes better than growing together, the love still remains after a failed relationship.”
- “I consider myself an expert at failed relationships.”
- “Acceptance is power. If you have accepted things the way they are, you have already won.”
- “Failure doesn’t mean the end of your life; instead, a wonderful start to another.”
- “Failure means you’re progressing, so even when your relationship has failed, that actually means you deserve more than this.”
- “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. Still, people often spend more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.” — Steve Martin.
- “She realized when relationships failed to last; it was not because love was no longer present, but because people had stopped believing in themselves and in their partners.” — Christina Westover.
- “People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime.” — Ethel Person.
- “In terms of relationships, I’ve had two failures though I don’t like to call them failures; they are self-learning, and I cannot say I regret any of my relationships. I’ve always said, “I am a much-loved woman.” — Kate del Castillo.
- “Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, it doesn’t mean they’ll treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, it doesn’t mean they’ll value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most turn out to be the people you can trust the least.” — Trent Shelton.
- “If we knew how broken we would be after a failed relationship, we wouldn’t have put in so much love.”
- “What hurts most is—everything was so beautiful in the start, and all we could do was enhance its beauty to perfection. But we moved forward without knowing each togetherness has its own coupled purpose. Know the purpose of every relationship.” — Jeffery Kwakye
- “You don’t have to let that failed relationship be the thing that defines you.”— Jojo Moyes.
- “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” — Faraaz Kazi.
- “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.” — Robert Brault.
- “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.”
- “It is important that we forgive ourselves for past mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” — Steve Maraboli.
Inspirational Quotes about failed relationships
It can be heartbreaking to go through a breakup when all you imagined was a long-lasting, fruitful relationship. But you must know “change is a necessity,” and to go from one place to another, you need to move forward.
Here are some inspirational quotes about failed relationships that will soothe your sad feelings and inspire you to move ahead!
- “Someone who truly loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, and how hard you can be to handle but still wants you.”
- “When you’re in a serious relationship, you’ll have ups and downs. But talking things over is a better solution than throwing it all over.”
- “To couples—You’re not gonna promise to each other that you will not disappoint one other because at some point you will. What is more important is that you don’t go away, you don’t escape, you don’t leave one another just because you were disappointed. That’s the meaning of fidelity.”
- “Closure happens right after you accept that letting go and moving on is more important than projecting a fantasy of how the relationship could have been.” — Sylvester McNutt.
- “You end up in a failed relationship when you let others force their opinions on your connection. A relationship is between you and the person you’re with. Stop letting outsiders plant their opinions on something they’re not involved in. Focus on the person you’re with, not the people who are trying to tear you apart.” — Trent Shelton.
- “Yes, love is all about sacrifice and compromise, but it’s also important to establish a limit. You shouldn’t have to throw your whole life away to make a relationship work. If you have to lose yourself to please your partner, you’re with the wrong person.” — Beau Taplin.
- “Vulnerability after a failed relationship is terrifying. The courage it takes to reveal your heart is one of the most daunting yet rewarding experiences in life. It will set you free.”
- “Most relationships fail because couples fight with pride more than they work with love.”
- “Successful relationships—high efforts and low expectations. Failed relationships—low efforts and high expectations.”
- “The majority of failed relationships are due to poor choices, ignoring signs, insecurities, and attitude.”
- “Don’t be discouraged; every relationship you’ll have is a failure until you find the right one. — Gillian Flynn
- “No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn’t give you what you want, it taught you what you don’t want.”
- “Sometimes a failed relationship is not always a loss; it can be a gain too.”
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” — Steve Maraboli.
- “There’s nothing worse than walking around and talking about your failed relationship, all day, every day, for months on end.” — Max Greenfield.
- “At the end of the day, what matters is how you see yourself.”
- “The success or failure of any relationship depends not just on how we feel about each other but on how we make each other feel about ourselves. — Tonya Hurley
- “Let go of things because if you hold them tight, you’re going to hurt in the end.”
- “Life is too short to worry about who stays and who doesn’t belong in your life. Just keep living your life the way you want, and preserve the ones who stay!”
- “You got yourself, and that’s more than enough. In the end, the only person that truly stays is you, yourself.”
- “It’s better not to be present when there’s an absence of love.”
- “It’s finally time to let go and evolve. Let go of the failed relationship, past memories, unrealistic expectations, and evolve into the best version of yourself.”
- “If the other person doesn’t make you happy, it’s better to be alone and make yourself happy.”
- “Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life, you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.” — DLQ.
- “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless. But you’re not worthless. You’re just underappreciated.” — Steve Maraboli.
Best Quotes on Failed Relationships
When a relationship is gradually failing, there are usually signs like an increase in disputes, blaming each other, spending time apart, name-calling, and many bad behaviors. If these problems are not addressed on time, a relationship will always fail.
No matter who you decide to be with, if you do not know how to maintain a healthy relationship, you’ll always get down to a failed relationship in the end. Here are some of the best quotes on failed relationships for you:
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” — Nicholas Sparks.
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me.’ I’m moving on with my life.” — Joel Osteen
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore; it’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber.
- “You’ll find that it is necessary to let things go, simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. Quit tying weights to your ankles; it’ll only make it difficult to move forward.” — C.JoyBell C.
- “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” — Mary Manin Morrissey
- “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” — Criss Jami.
- “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” — Shannon L. Alder.
- “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term.” — Nicholas Sparks.
- “What’s broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” — Margaret Mitchell.
- “Do yourself a favor and move on; the people that hurt you already have.” — Fairy Forum
- “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” — Edith Hamilton.
- “A bad relationship can do that; it can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.” — Dionne Warwick.
- “The wrong person will give you less than what you’re worth, but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it.” — Sonya Parker.
- “Problems in relationships occur because each person is concentrating on what is missing in the other person.” — Wayne Dyer.
- “Relationships never die a natural death. They are murdered by ego, attitude, and ignorance.”
- “Don’t break up. Fix the problem. Start the romance again. Go on dates again. Work on winning each other over again. This is why there are so many failed relationships. If you love each other and are best friends, then breaking up is not the answer.”
- “I learned something from a string of failed relationships. You don’t see a pattern quickly. You see it over time. I learned to stop jumping in at the first sign of attraction. As soon as you’re attracted to someone, you go for it – whether or not it’s a good idea. Basically, just going out and getting laid.” – James McAvoy.
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”
- “Behind every successful relationship, there are selfless people. And behind every failed relationship, there are selfish people.”
- “Naive people always try to blame others for their constant heartbreak and failed relationships instead of looking in the mirror and re-evaluating themselves. It’s YOU that needs to change!”
- “I believe in the immeasurable power of love, that true love can endure any circumstances and reach across any distance.”
- “Relationships fail not because they are destined to fail. They fail because one of the two or both made a choice to give up.”
- “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, and persistence.”
- “At the end of a failed relationship, you can either focus on what is tearing you apart or what’s keeping you together.”
- “If you keep ending up with failed relationships, know that lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.”
Quotes for Failing Relationships
Going through another failed relationship when you have been trying your best can surely come off with lots of disappointment. If you’re wondering why all my relationships have failed, you must realize that everything happens for a reason!
If you’re ending up with a failed relationship every time you date someone, it simply means the right person for you is yet to enter your life. Here are some great quotes for failing relationships:
- “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. You still have so much more to experience, and you’ll surely come across the person who is meant to be with you.”
- “It’s better to be healthy alone than being sick with someone.” — Dr. Phil.
- “The season of relationship failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success; start making your life a beautiful garden by planting new habits.”
- “Always remember not to hurt your future partner because of the pain given from the past one; let time heal you.”
- “Don’t ask God to remove people from your life when he has given you the opportunity to say goodbye.”
- “Some people are meant to fall in love with each other but not meant to be together forever.”
- “There are no failed relationships. Every person and relationship in our lives has a life lesson to teach us.”
- “You could hurt me more than I deserved because I loved you more than what you deserved.”
- “When you realize you’ve gotten into a bad relationship, the best thing you can do is get out of it as soon as you can.”
- “Remember that every failed relationship brings an opportunity for self-growth and learning. Be grateful and move on.”
- “When you get taken for granted, don’t change who you are. Just change who has access to who you are now.”
- “Remember, there’s a purpose to every failed relationship. The purpose isn’t to encourage you to lower your expectations, but to raise your standards.” — Robert Tew
- “Learn to let go of things for your better self, for your better future.”
- “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” — Jeans-Yves Leloup.
- “There is nothing more self-sabotaging than walking around and talking about your failed relationship, all day, every day, for months on end. Accept your reality and move on—it’s the only way to be happy again.”
- “The moment you lower your expectations marks the beginning of the end of your relationship.”
- “My feelings for you were genuine and indestructible. But somehow, they couldn’t reach your cold heart.”
- “Now that we’ve said goodbyes, you still own my lonely mind, and I dream about you all the time.”
- “If you take the hard facts of a failed relationship, it’s pretty grim. But if you make an album out of it, and if the violins represent all the tears, you create something magical out of something very normal.”
- “If you behave in a manner that poisons your relationship, don’t be surprised when it dies.” — Steve Maraboli.
- “When you end up happily married, you’ll understand even the failed relationships have worked beautifully to get you there.” — Jula Roberts.
- “You would not believe this, but someday you will realize that ending it was for the better of us.”
- “Staying alone and healthy is better than staying in the wrong relationship.”
- “Don’t cling to a failing relationship just because you spent a lot of time making it.”
- “Sometimes I think that after so many failed relationships, I have turned stone cold and just can’t trust again.”
Failed relationships are not the end of your life because every affinity is placed in your journey to teach you something. If you’re going through a failed relationship, you must know that it is meant to be that way.
Yet, if you’re thinking, ‘can a failed relationship work again?’ the answer is yes. The only way to make a relationship work is by having enough knowledge (which you’ll find here in Harness Magazine). You need to learn the ins and outs, dos and donts of a healthy relationship to get better at dating.
A person with no knowledge about how to be a better partner will always end up with a failed relationship. Anyway, these were the best-failed relationship quotes that you can surely relate to. We hope you learn something new today!
If you’re looking for more quotes on failed relationships, comment below!